By: Elven Tower
In this adventure, In the Hall of the Mountain King, a group of level-7 adventurers comes across a small settlement near the Great Desert where there is an ancient sundial artifact that produces freshwater. The locals are confused about what to do because a group of foreign dwarves came to town and demanded their leader to kneel before the so-called Mountain King. No one knows what this is about but the dwarves have shown up in force to intimidate them.
This adventure shall test minds and hearts. The characters travel to the depths of the desert to find the Hall of the Mountain King, a decrepit underground compound where a faction of dwarves has settled. Their Leader, Vallarg Vik, wears the ancient Crown of the Mountain King and has been possessed by the spirit of a bygone ruler from eons past. The character's actions shall determine the future of hundreds of people near the Great Desert.
This adventure can easily be placed in any campaign setting. In the Hall of the Mountain King can be played as an independent one-shot or as a cool chapter in your campaign setting. The whole adventure has an estimated duration of 4 to 6 hours.
This section provides a synopsis of the chapters and how the adventure is most likely to play out:
1. Sundial Town. The desert town is close to the Hall of the Mountain King, the locals are at odds and don't know what to do about the dwarven king in the desert.
2. Hall of the Mountain King. The characters track the dwarves back to the hall's entrance. They learn of the ancient temple and meet Darku Vik, a likely ally.
3. Throne of the Mountain King. The characters reach the throne room and confront the dwarf that claims to be the Mountain King. He makes demands that the characters must meet so that he lets them leave with their lives.
As an Elven Tower product, each chapter includes the following features and benefits:
- Original Artwork. Elven Tower-brand products include their own original artwork for maps, tokens, and handouts.
- Professional Cartography. All maps are provided by Elven Tower Cartography. Please enjoy the Roll20 adapted versions of our adventures.
- Pre-generated Characters. Joseph Humble (fighter), Lilia Whiteheart (wizard), Finneas Lightfoot (cleric), and Jansen Viggo (rogue). The four heroes have 7th-level character sheets, linked to their corresponding tokens.
- One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select a token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macros auto roll initiative, skill checks, and saving throws. Take advantage of our Dice Roller macro for double-dice rolls and a Dice Query.
- Endless Customization Options. Thanks to their adaptable nature, this adventure can fit almost any campaign setting.
- Dynamic Lighting. The dungeon map-pages of this product have been optimized with Dynamic Lighting features, wall delimitation, and light sources. Tokens for light sources (dim, regular, sunlight) are also included (requires plus/pro subscription).
Visit our Roll20 page to know more or our products!
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 7
Length: 4-6 hours
Sheet: D&D 5e by Roll20
Install this Add-On via the dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the Game Details Page. Select this product and click on the blue Add to Game button beside the drop-down menu.
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)