By: Elven Tower
In Die With Your Boots On, a group of level-6 approach a tavern by the road only to learn that an orc horde approaches because they want to kidnap Princess Melda. The princess hides in Bloodpeak Castle, a fortress in the mountains that is mostly abandoned. It serves as the royals' summer house a few days a year. The young princess defied her father's orders, threw a tantrum, and fled alone to the castle; endangering herself and dozens of loyal soldiers. The princess is unsatisfied with the king's decision over her future wedding suitors.
A seasoned veteran named Sir Galadius is in charge of the defense of both a mountain outpost and Bloodpeak Castle itself. The orc horde is upon them and the veteran knows that reinforcements from the capital won't arrive quick enough to make a difference. The characters, Sir Galadius, and their small, fifty-strong garrison shall suffice to defend the castle and bring Princess Melda back to the capital.
This adventure can easily be placed in any campaign setting. Die with your Boots On can be played as an independent one-shot or as a cool chapter in your campaign setting. The whole adventure has an estimated duration of 4 to 6 hours.
This section provides a synopsis of the chapters and how the adventure is most likely to play out:
1. Drunk-Deer Tavern. The characters talk to Claudio the innkeeper and learn of the imminent evacuation. They are attacked before departing north by orc scouts.
2. Outpost Defense. The characters meet Sir Galadius and learn of his attempt to stop the orc invasion there. After repelling the orcs, the imminent second wave of orcs forces the characters and the knight to fall back to Bloodpeak Castle and make their last stand there.
3. Bloodpeak Castle. The characters and the rest of the garrison defend the small fortress and the princess. No retreat. Fight and live, or die with your boots on.
As an Elven Tower product, each chapter includes the following features and benefits:
- Original Artwork. Elven Tower-brand products include their own original artwork for maps, tokens, and handouts.
- Professional Cartography. All maps are provided by Elven Tower Cartography. Please enjoy the Roll20 adapted versions of our adventures.
- Pre-generated Characters. Joseph Humble (fighter), Lilia Whiteheart (wizard), Finneas Lightfoot (cleric), and Jansen Viggo (rogue). The four heroes have 6th-level character sheets, linked to their corresponding tokens.
- One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select a token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macros auto roll initiative, skill checks, and saving throws. Take advantage of our Dice Roller macro for double-dice rolls and a Dice Query.
- Endless Customization Options. Thanks to their adaptable nature, this adventure can fit almost any campaign setting.
- Dynamic Lighting. The dungeon map-pages of this product have been optimized with Dynamic Lighting features, wall delimitation, and light sources. Tokens for light sources (dim, regular, sunlight) are also included (requires plus/pro subscription).
Visit our Roll20 page to know more or our products!
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 6
Length: 4-6 hours
Sheet: D&D 5e by Roll20
Install this Add-On via the dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the Game Details Page. Select this product and click on the blue Add to Game button beside the drop-down menu.
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)