By: Elven Tower
In Exploration of Willow Castle, a group of level-7 adventurers learns about the Willows, an opulent family in the region. Rumor has it that something odd happened at the castle. The same rumors describe horrible screams, monsters, and missing people. The Dragonhorn Road Inn is located near the castle. The owner, a dwarf called Lazaro Flint, knows more about this, though his information is vague and subjective.
Augustus Willow, explorer and researcher, is the culprit of his family's demise. He made a deal with a demon imprisoned in a malachite urn decades ago, when he was alive. In exchange for a life of luxury and vices with no consequence on his health, Augustus agreed to pay with the souls of his family, who currently lie dead in the crypts beneath the castle. His restless and angered soul has risen the dead in the crypts. Someone must stop this.
This adventure can easily be placed in any campaign setting. Exploration of Willow Castle can be played as an independent one-shot or as a cool chapter in your campaign setting. The whole adventure has an estimated duration of 6 to 8 hours.
This section provides an overview of the chapters and how the adventure is most likely to play out:
1. Dragonhorn Road Inn. The characters meet Lazaro Flint and Amanda Rose, the two NPCs at the inn. They hear rumors about the area and learn about the Willows. The characters leave toward Willow Castle, motivated by their ideals and objectives.
2. Willow Castle. The characters explore the castle. They can find documents or diaries that can teach them what happened in truth. They could also find information about Augustus, who he was, and the magical urn.
3. Willow Castle Crypts. The characters explore the three levels of the crypts. They learn of the reality of the situation if they hadn't yet. Regardless of the Adventure Hook they chose, they must confront Augustus, his army of undead, and find a way to defeat them.
As an Elven Tower product, each chapter includes the following features and benefits:
- Original Artwork. Elven Tower-brand products include their own original artwork for maps, tokens, and handouts.
- Professional Cartography. All maps are provided by Elven Tower Cartography. Please enjoy the Roll-20 adapted versions of our adventures.
- Pre-generated Characters. Joseph Humble (fighter), Lilia Whiteheart (wizard), Finneas Lightfoot (cleric), and Jansen Viggo (rogue). The four heroes have 7th-level character sheets, linked to their corresponding tokens.
- One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select a token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macros auto roll initiative, skill checks, and saving throws. Take advantage of our Dice Roller macro for double-dice rolls and a Dice Query.
- Endless Customization Options. Thanks to their adaptable nature, this adventure can fit almost any campaign setting.
- Dynamic Lighting. The dungeon map-pages of this product have been optimized with Dynamic Lighting features, wall delimitation, and light sources. Tokens for light sources (dim, regular, sunlight) are also included (requires plus/pro subscription).
Visit our Roll20 page to know more or our products!
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 7
Length: 6-8 hours
Sheet: D&D 5e by Roll20
Install this Add-On via the dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the Game Details Page. Select this product and click on the blue Add to Game button beside the drop-down menu.
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)