By: Elven Tower
In Palace of Drakes, a group of level-7 adventurers visits a famous parlor for mercenaries and sellswords called the Dead Cat's Tavern. A place where warriors perform feats of strength and fight in a competition they call the Fiery Crucible. This is all made for fun and spectacle but there is a reward of 100 gp for the weekend tournaments. All competitions are done in good faith and never to the death. The place is in trouble because of a high concentration of drakes from the nearby mountain range that swoop down to attack cattle and farmers. The farmers look for protection behind town walls and the mercenaries are at a loss of what to do after three adventuring parties failed to return victorious.
The adventurers must travel up to the mountain top to a ruined castle that belonged to a royal family line that ruled the land centuries ago. What no one knows is that the royal heir has returned to unearth his family heirloom, a powerful artifact that may help him restore his house and reputation. The only thing that opposes him are the recently arrived team of adventurers and an oversized drake creature that refuses to bow down to his will.
This adventure can easily be placed in any campaign setting. Palace of Drakes can be played as an independent one-shot or as a cool chapter in your campaign setting. The whole adventure has an estimated duration of 5 to 7 hours.
This section provides an overview of the chapters and how the adventure is most likely to play out:
1. Dead Cat's Tavern. The adventurers meet the locals at a popular tavern among sellswords and mercenaries. After mingling with them, they learn of the town's current predicament. An opportunity to earn gold and glory!
2. A Way Up through the Cliff. The adventurers must traverse the old underground paths that lead up to the ruined palace. There is evidence and information about the ancient royal family there, along with unforeseen perils.
3. The Palace of Drakes. The adventurers explore the remnants of the ancient structure, fight through numerous aggressive drakes, and track down Garlock, the royal heir, and the Orb of Dragonkind. A dangerous artifact.
As an Elven Tower product, each chapter includes the following features and benefits:
- Original Artwork. Elven Tower-brand products include their own original artwork for maps, tokens, and handouts.
- Professional Cartography. All maps are provided by Elven Tower Cartography. Please enjoy the Roll-20 adapted versions of our adventures.
- Pre-generated Characters. Joseph Humble (fighter), Lilia Whiteheart (wizard), Finneas Lightfoot (cleric), and Jansen Viggo (rogue). The four heroes have 7th-level character sheets, linked to their corresponding tokens.
- One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select a token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macro auto rolls initiative and saving throw rolls. Take advantage of our Dice Roller macro for double-dice rolls and a Dice Query.
- Endless Customization Options. Thanks to their adaptable nature, this adventure can fit almost any campaign setting.
- Dynamic Lighting. The dungeon map-pages of this product have been optimized with Dynamic Lighting features, wall delimitation, and light sources. Tokens for light sources (dim, regular, sunlight) are also included (requires plus/pro subscription).
Visit our Roll20 page to know more or our products!
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 7
Length: 5-7 hours
Sheet: D&D 5e by Roll20
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)