By: Elven Tower
In The Forest Guardian, a group of level 5 adventurers takes on a mission to investigate the nearby forest after the locally known protector of the woods has turned to evil. A magical deer-shaped phantasmal fey entity from the Fey world has been seen aiding a group of orcs who've failed to conquer the forest on several occasions. The adventurers must retrieve a powerful artifact that can help diminish the spirit's power. In the end, a group of fairies comes to bargain with the heroes and offer a deal that does not appear to have a good outcome.
This fairy-tale-like story does not have a happy ending. Regardless of the adventurers' actions, the balance of power in the great forest is sure to change soon, and not for the better.
This adventure can easily be placed in any campaign setting. The Forest Guardian can be played as an independent one-shot or as a cool chapter in your campaign setting. The whole adventure has an estimated duration of 5 to 7 hours.
This section provides an overview of the chapters and how the adventure is most likely to play out:
1. Forest Ambush. The adventurers meet with the druid Graytooth and travel to the depths of the forest looking for a fey vault that contains an item that might put a stop to the possessed guardian. They are ambushed!
2. The Horn's Vault. An ancient vault contains the Horn of Rain. This legendary artifact may break the hold on the Forest Guardian. Undying fey guardians protect the vault from would-be tomb robbers.
2. The Astral Observatory. The adventurers track Arduk Gursh and his orcs to an ancient, elven moon observatory in the depths of the forest. They must confront the orc chieftain and handle the unruly forest guardian.
As an Elven Tower product, each chapter includes the following features and benefits:
- Original Artwork. Elven Tower-brand products include their own original artwork for maps, tokens, and handouts.
- Professional Cartography. All maps are provided by Elven Tower Cartography. Please enjoy the Roll-20 adapted versions of our adventures.
- Pre-generated Level 5 Characters. Joseph Humble (fighter), Lilia Whiteheart (wizard), Finneas Lightfoot (cleric), and Jansen Viggo (rogue). The four heroes have 5th-level character sheets, linked to their corresponding tokens.
- One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select a token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macro auto rolls initiative and saving throw rolls. Take advantage of our Dice Roller macro for double-dice rolls and a Dice Query.
- Endless Customization Options. Thanks to their adaptable nature, this adventure can fit almost any campaign setting.
- Dynamic Lighting. All map-pages of this product have been optimized with Dynamic Lighting features, wall delimitation, and removable doors. Tokens for light sources (dim, regular, sunlight) are also included (requires plus/pro subscription).
Visit our Roll20 page to know more or our products!
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 5
Length: 5-7 hours
Sheet: D&D 5e by Roll20
Install this Add-On via the dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the Game Details Page. Select One-shot Adventures Bundle No. 1 and click on the blue Add to Game button beside the drop-down menu.
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)