This Game Addon is available in the following bundles
The Thing That Should Not Be
Are you ready to face the Herald of the End Times?
The Thing That Should Not Be is a Fifth Edition horror-mystery adventure for three to five characters with an average party level (APL) of 5 or 6. Characters who successfully complete this adventure should earn enough experience to gain at least one level. The characters unravel a mystery that leads them to a strange, cold island in the Tyrant’s Riddle. There, they discover a hibernating god whose dark hunger cannot be sated. This adventure works particularly well as a follow-up to the adventure Winds of Vapul featured in the Legends of Omeria Starter Set.
Although the adventure is set in the DMDave campaign world of Omeria, it can easily be retooled to take place in any campaign setting of your choice where the Heald Mine and the horrible creatures within wouldn’t seem too terribly out of place.
- The Hook. A close friend of the characters asks them to investigate the disappearance of his son, who vanished over a year ago.
- The Investigation. The characters investigate the missing person and find clues that point towards the son traveling north for a mining job. A series of letters points to the missing person’s last known location, a small fishing town named Providence near the arctic circle.
- The Town. The characters arrive at Providence. The villagers tell the characters that all the miners on the job—including the missing person—left six month ago on a ship. Shortly after it left, the ship wrecked, killing everyone on board. Before the characters go to leave, an unlikely ally informs them that the villagers are lying.
- The Quarry. After the characters learn that the villagers lied to them, they are brought to the quarry where the missing person and the other miners worked. Cultists and monsters attack them. Inevitably, they make it inside the quarry’s mine.
- The Hibernating God. The characters discover that the miners uncovered a strange, monstrous statue. The statue is actually the dormant form of an alien god named Rhan-Tegoth. The mine’s owner fed most of the miners to the evil god.
As a DMDave adventure, you can expect the following features and benefits:
- Original Artwork. DMDave-brand products include their own original artwork for you to enjoy.
- Professional Cartography. Tom Cartos maps bring life to every adventure location with remarkable attention to detail.
- One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select the token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macro auto rolls the initiative, saving throws, and resistances to make your game run smoother.
- Endless Customization Options. This adventure fits into any world where long-forgotten aberrations may be slumbering in an arctic mine.
- Dynamic Lighting. Experience all of the awesomeness that is Roll20 with fully realized dynamic lighting and illumination.
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 5-6
Length: One-Shot (1-2 sessions)
Sheet: D&D 5e by Roll20
Install this Add-On via the dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the Game Details Page. Select The Thing That Should Not Be and click on the blue Add to Game button beside the drop-down menu.
Bug and Technical Issue Reporting
If you encounter any bugs or technical issues with this adventure or any of DMDave's adventures on Roll20, visit our Bug Report Page and let us know!
Can only be used with Roll20; cannot be downloaded.
You might also like...
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)