By: Elven Tower
In Dust in the Wind, a group of level-10 adventurers learns about a recent series of murders in the Crimson Sea desert. There, an oasis called Greenrock Village is on the brink of collapse. It depends on the many travelers and visitors from the many nearby communities. But the news of the people killed in the desert has scared everyone off...
The locals call it the Sand Rider of Death. A huge formation of sand that thrusts its victims with a spear and turns them into fine grains of sand. No one knows who is behind these crimes. The locals ignore the existence of the Ashen Witch, a desert hag. The evil fiend has the sole and only purpose of creating clay servitors with the people she has murdered. She desires an army to take over the whole Crimson Sea...
This adventure can easily be placed in any campaign setting. Dust in the Wind can be played as an independent one-shot or as a cool chapter in your campaign setting. The whole adventure has an estimated duration of 4 to 6 hours.
This section provides a synopsis of the chapters and how the adventure is most likely to play out:
1. Greenrock Village. The characters reach the oasis in the desert. They meet Salazar Felin, his wife Hanna Tilden, and other townsfolk. They learn of the many murders, the life-threatening problems of going out of town, and the rumors of a giant, sand horse-rider monster. The characters either spend a day or two gathering information or leave immediately to confront the sand apparition in the desert or look for clues of the culprit.
2. The Ashen Witch Lair. After traveling through the desert and having the first showdown with the sand apparition, the characters find the Ashen Witch's home. They must overcome the lair's defense mechanisms and descend to the many levels underground. The cursed witch turned several people into clay servitors and won't allow intruders to leave without a fight.
As an Elven Tower product, each chapter includes the following features and benefits:
- Original Artwork. Elven Tower-brand products include their own original artwork for maps, tokens, and handouts.
- Professional Cartography. All maps are provided by Elven Tower Cartography. Please enjoy the Roll-20 adapted versions of our adventures.
- Pre-generated Characters. Joseph Humble (fighter), Lilia Whiteheart (wizard), Finneas Lightfoot (cleric), and Jansen Viggo (rogue). The four heroes have 10th-level character sheets, linked to their corresponding tokens.
- One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select a token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macros auto roll initiative, skill checks, and saving throws. Take advantage of our Dice Roller macro for double-dice rolls and a Dice Query.
- Endless Customization Options. Thanks to their adaptable nature, this adventure can fit almost any campaign setting.
- Dynamic Lighting. The dungeon map-pages of this product have been optimized with Dynamic Lighting features, wall delimitation, and light sources. Tokens for light sources (dim, regular, sunlight) are also included (requires plus/pro subscription).
Visit our Roll20 page to know more or our products!
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 10
Length: 4-6 hours
Sheet: D&D 5e by Roll20
Install this Add-On via the dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the Game Details Page. Select this product and click on the blue Add to Game button beside the drop-down menu.
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)