By: Elven Tower
In Blade of Fire, a group of level-5 adventurers learns about the story of Glen Kyte, a man who lost everything to an order he once served. The Knights of Light are his lifetime-sworn enemies. After years of gaining power and wealth, Glen learns about a legendary sword that might change his stars. The stories claim that the fabled Blade of Fire grants godlike power. With it, the former knight has a chance to fulfill his hateful vendetta.
Glen has committed atrocities to accomplish his goals and killed innocents to learn the whereabouts of the sword. It is too late when Glen is confronted. The Blade of Fire has taken hold of him. A formidable foe, capable of burning entire villages, is what remains of the disgruntled human. Will someone stop the Avatar of the Blade?
This adventure can easily be placed in any campaign setting. Blade of Fire can be played as an independent one-shot or as a cool chapter in your campaign setting. The whole adventure has an estimated duration of 6 to 8 hours.
This section provides a synopsis of the chapters and how the adventure is most likely to play out:
1. Ransacked Mausoleum. The characters explore the mausoleum and learn about what happened. They meet the adventure NPCs and start their three-day journey to the Door to the Depths, the crack on the ground.
2. Door to the Depths. The characters arrive when Glen Kyte has already gone down the chasm in search of the Blade of Fire. The characters meet one of Glen's detractors and learn about the fallen knight and his rage.
3. The Blade's Awakening. The characters confront Glen when he has already awakened the blade's power. With no reasonable explanation, the Blade of Fire grants the fallen knight supernatural strength and power.
As an Elven Tower product, each chapter includes the following features and benefits:
- Original Artwork. Elven Tower-brand products include their own original artwork for maps, tokens, and handouts.
- Professional Cartography. All maps are provided by Elven Tower Cartography. Please enjoy the Roll-20 adapted versions of our adventures.
- Pre-generated Characters. Joseph Humble (fighter), Lilia Whiteheart (wizard), Finneas Lightfoot (cleric), and Jansen Viggo (rogue). The four heroes have 5th-level character sheets, linked to their corresponding tokens.
- One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select a token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macros auto roll initiative, skill checks, and saving throws. Take advantage of our Dice Roller macro for double-dice rolls and a Dice Query.
- Endless Customization Options. Thanks to their adaptable nature, this adventure can fit almost any campaign setting.
- Dynamic Lighting. The dungeon map-pages of this product have been optimized with Dynamic Lighting features, wall delimitation, and light sources. Tokens for light sources (dim, regular, sunlight) are also included (requires plus/pro subscription).
Visit our Roll20 page to know more or our products!
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 5
Length: 6-8 hours
Sheet: D&D 5e by Roll20
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)