By: Elven Tower
In The Starry Throne, a group of level-8 adventurers travels to the Red Desert, interested in rumors about an ancient elven temple buried in the sand. Gadino Veren, a researcher and explorer, claims to have a magic key that might be necessary to open a legendary gate in the elven temple. However, the elves shut that gate forever for a reason...
The temple is filled with traps and immortal guardians that have the sole task of impeding anyone from using the throne again. If the heroes wish to learn more about the ancient elven culture and the main purpose of the throne despite the several grim warnings, they must overcome all the challenges and defeat the eternal guardians of the throne.
This adventure can easily be placed in any campaign setting. The Starry Throne can be played as an independent one-shot or as a cool chapter in your campaign setting. The whole adventure has an estimated duration of 6 to 8 hours.
This section provides an overview of the chapters and how the adventure is most likely to play out:
1. The Hole in the Desert. The characters travel to a ruined construction in the Red Desert that is accessible only once or twice a year. The place is protected by dangerous natural predators and it houses the eons-lost elven shaft that descends into the depths of the desert.
2. Down the Sand Hole. The characters descend through three levels of the ancient, underground, elven edifice and unearth information about the forgotten elven culture and the Starry Throne below. The elven dangerous wards are the obstacles to overcome.
3. The Throne Room. The characters reach the bottom of the shaft and the center of the Convergence Zone. The Starry Throne is as powerful as when it was built. The valiant elves who donated their souls to be the eternal guardians of the Starry Throne won't allow its use.
As an Elven Tower product, each chapter includes the following features and benefits:
- Original Artwork. Elven Tower-brand products include their own original artwork for maps, tokens, and handouts.
- Professional Cartography. All maps are provided by Elven Tower Cartography. Please enjoy the Roll-20 adapted versions of our adventures.
- Pre-generated Characters. Joseph Humble (fighter), Lilia Whiteheart (wizard), Finneas Lightfoot (cleric), and Jansen Viggo (rogue). The four heroes have 8th-level character sheets, linked to their corresponding tokens.
- One-Click Macros. Run faster combat sessions with one click macros. Simply select a token and watch as macros for core features pop up. The macro auto rolls initiative and skill checks, and saving throws. Take advantage of our Dice Roller macro for double-dice rolls and a Dice Query.
- Endless Customization Options. Thanks to their adaptable nature, this adventure can fit almost any campaign setting.
- Dynamic Lighting. The dungeon map-pages of this product have been optimized with Dynamic Lighting features, wall delimitation, and light sources. Tokens for light sources (dim, regular, sunlight) are also included (requires plus/pro subscription).
Visit our Roll20 page to know more or our products!
System: D&D 5E
Starting Level: 8
Length: 6-8 hours
Sheet: D&D 5e by Roll20
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)