Level One Tavern
A tiny tavern with 3 levels of basements packed with potential for quests and adventure
Designed with beginners in mind - as a way of introducing them to a few different types of quests without leaving the start location
Or as a location that can be used as a base, with a bit more of it discovered each time you return
A DM's Notes map is included. It shows where the secret doors are and also has a few quest plot ideas in case you are in a hurry and drawing blanks on ideas
- Above ground: A 1-room tavern with 4 tables set for various types of use, including a TTRPG table with dice, drinks and character sheets!
- Basement A: 2 store rooms, one very disused and a secret door leading to two rooms that may be occupied by a squatter that no one is aware of...
- Basement B: This level has a 4x4 fight pit taking up most of the space, with a bit of room for a small audience.
- Basement C: Accessed through a secret door at the top of the stairs, the lowest level is a tomb - rumor has it that the tavern was built on the site of an old temple and 9, possibly restless, high priests are entombed down there....
- With lighting: lit lights and dark shadows - both 'every day' and 'bloody' versions
- Only with basic wall & Stair shadows: lights not lit - both 'every day' and 'bloody' versions
- Creator Kit and asset clusters - re-make it in a different way or add assets that you already have in your library
- Gridded versions of the above-ground maps are also included with a grid overlay outside the tavern
The Creator kit is designed with a base map of every level and a shadows overlay for each level so that any assets added (regardless of where they come from) will still have wall shadows - this makes them feel more a part of the map rather than 'hovering' over the map.
Using the multi-layer creator kit...
- Layer 1 is a base map that is rather flat and not meant to be used by itself (Not going to stop you if you want to though : )
- Layer 2 is all the assets you want to place, either using the object clusters I created for this map, or other assets from your library
- Layer 3 is a shadow overlay (to make the walls and stairs look like walls and stairs.
(note that assets placed on the stairs under this shadow won't look very good)
Repeat for each level of the map then see what sort of chaos you can lure your players into
The door assets are 1x2 with the door centered on the center grid line
All the other assets are high res and square - so that they should drop in un-warped and you can scale up to whatever size you like
90 Items Included in Tavern & Creator Kit
Loading additional items...
You might also like...
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)
All Access Vault Enabled
You and your players can export existing Characters from other games into this game using the Character Vault feature.
Read more »