Full RPG rule set and 50-hour campaign
A group of Actors and their Director sit down to do an emergency rewrite for their upcoming Sci-Fi TV serial when dark powers intervene. Why did the VP of Original Content nix the first script? Did the series writer really have a psychotic break? Or was something more sinister at play? In Custodians of the Galaxy, you and your players will take the helm and try to rescue the show. The costumes, props, and set pieces have all been created. You’ll have a pile of notes and letters from the previous project team to use to piece together your own script, and along the way perhaps you can sort out what went wrong the first time.
Key Gameplay Mechanics
- You can write for anyone, not just your own character. So, you can say “The guards are conveniently not looking my way”
- You can also write for the whole scene. So, you could say “Just then, the cops come through the front door.”
- The more advantage you try to write for yourself the more difficult the dice roll required.
- The TV character you are writing for, your Custodian, has a Modus Operandi which defines what works for them. It’s their schtick and their “powers”. IE: Lost Girl with Psychic Powers, Scruffy-Looking Nerf Herder, Operator with a Particular Set of Skills.
- Your Custodian has terrible stats, but they have a pool of Daring Dice which are like advantage dice in D&D. So, you can choose when to be awesome and how much so.
- You will also have “Canned Tropes” such as Slow Mo Bullet Dodge, Wire Fighting Technique, Slow Walk, Knuckle Cracking, Blood is the New Black, Nobody Here but Us Birds, and Unlikely CPR.
- ZERO prep required to start! The first session teaches the system to GM and Players alike!
- Easily 50 hours of play
- 29 Beautifully illustrated “Concept Art” Maps. Some are enormous. Some have “animated” parts. Some have Dynamic Lighting. Over 120,000 map hexes to explore.
- Over 100 hand-painted character tokens (not counting variations)
- Hundreds of Macros. Every NPC is fully developed and has macros for their important functions.
- Detailed, concise notes and instructions in neatly-organized folders
I am not a company. I am a person that wanted to make something and share it with other people. This game has been in development and play since 2013 and has well over 2000 hours of work. Enjoy!
Other Stuffy Stuff
System: Custodians of the Galaxy RPG system (included)
Starting Level: 1
Length: Campaign (10+ sessions)
Features: Dynamic Lighting, Tokens with Stats, NPC Character Sheets, Pre-gen Character Sheets, Custom Macros
Can only be used with Roll20; cannot be downloaded.
You might also like...
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)
All Access Vault Enabled
You and your players can export existing Characters from other games into this game using the Character Vault feature.
Read more »