The Wonders of Faerie
Faerie Mysteries explores the influence of fey creatures and the faerie realms on a 5th Edition campaign world. It is not so much about monsters and magic as it is about how the influence of the fey can change the feel and flow of a campaign, and it gives you a game-mechanical system for describing and representing that in-breaking of raw, untamed, primal magic that make the fey what they are. Fey do not simply walk about within the world; they carry their version of the world along with them, and make our world more like theirs with every step. The rumors and ripples and ruptures in our reality really lay the groundwork for enriching any campaign where civilization is not the only power in the world, and where the force and spirit of nature can push right back.
This product provides a fantastic primer on the use of fey creatures in a campaign, balancing the hardcore game rules with explorations of fey creatures’ mythological origins and role in real-life history and legends. What this product is really about is making fey different, to make them strange, unpredictable, and menacing in turn. They are never quite what you expect, and this product describes subtle shifts you can use to create an interesting variety of alternate creatures. The fey represent the raw and wild extremes of the life and spirit of the land and those that dwell within it, possessed of a mercurial emotionality and an integration with the natural world that flits between an impossibly saturated hyper-reality and the dreamily surreal. A campaign featuring the fey should feel different than other campaigns, and when you introduce Faerie Mysteries, it will.
- Fey Impulses including the use, elements, and creating your own Rumors, Ripples, and Ruptures.
- 6 Rumors including enchanting echoes and waking feyscape.
- 11 Ripples including haunting melody, primal pools, and dream feast.
- 6 Ruptures including grasping shadows and maze within a maze.
- 22 Fey-influenced Events to feature the intrusion of fey. Events like marked companion, dramatic terrain, green sasha, and blind vengeance.
- 3 Faerie Creatures including blackthorn dryad, harionna, and fossegrim.
System Dungeons and Dragons 5e
Sheet D&D 5e by Roll20
Install this Add-On via the dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the Game Details Page. Select Faerie Mysteries 5e and click on the Add to Game button beside the drop down menu.
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)