This Package Includes:
Save 40% as we celebrate GM's Day!
This title (normally $59.99) is only $35.99 for a limited time!
A Century of Nightmares
Cthulhu Awakens brings cosmic horror and the Cthulhu Mythos from the unimaginable past, through the 1920s, and into the 21st Century. Delve into the secrets in the Roaring Twenties a century ago, then track aliens and cults through wars, the broken atom, and the rise of digital and genetic technologies. Crack open ancient tomes under antique lamplight, or under the harsh glow of your smartphone, in the here and now. Contend with Deep One cults, Yithian agents, and horrific revelations that can be found anywhere from the back streets of Arkham to vast underground realms, and even dreams. Cthulhu Awakens synthesizes, reimagines, and expands the Cthulhu Mythos into a setting specifically designed for inclusive roleplaying.
Cthulhu Awakens uses the AGE system—the same one that powers games such as Fantasy AGE, Modern AGE, Blue Rose, and The Expanse.
Open this book of secrets and discover the following:
- A complete horror and weird adventure game for the Adventure Game Engine (AGE), an easy to learn system with over a decade of development behind it.
- A setting that evolves the Cthulhu Mythos into a universe designed for games set throughout the 20th and 21st Centuries.
- A world that tears away the biases of its source material to support a wider variety of protagonists, and the secrets behind unreliable sources.
- The threat of Alienation, where horror inspires dangerous revelations.
- Bonds that give your character’s beliefs and relationships power.
- A stunt system that punctuates success with drama, whether because of your character’s uncanny ability, or because the creatures and cultists who oppose you attain some dark victory.
- Eldritch workings that break the boundaries between science and magic. Anyone can cast them if they’re willing to learn the lore, and pay the price.
- Psychic powers, strange artifacts, and mystic tomes.
- A collection of Non-Player Characters and Mythos horrors, from hard-bitten private eyes to sorcerers, shoggoths, and the Tendril from Beyond.
- Two adventures—one set in the 1930s, and one in the modern day.
Play with Less Prep on Roll20
- Rollable Tables for randomize your character’s Social Class, Background, Profession, Drive
- Dynamic Lightening for all included maps
- Drag & Drop Focuses, Background, Talents, Specializations, speeding up Character Creation
- Drag & Drop for all of the various Earthly Beings, Mythos Touched, and Mythos Entities
- Drag & Drop for al Eldritch Workings, Dangerous Text, Artifacts and Psychic Phenomena
Which Character Sheet should I use?
All features are supported on the Cthulhu Awakens Character Sheet by Green Ronin Publishing.
If you are experiencing any other issues, please let us know at GreenRonin.com
Can only be used with Roll20; cannot be downloaded.
You might also like...
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)