This product is a sampling of one section of Kobold Press's Scarlet Citadel. Find the full product here to experience the whole adventure!
Once a functional fortress where wizards honed their eldritch craft, little now remains of the Scarlet Citadel—on the surface. The place now has a sinister and deadly reputation among adventurers and lorekeepers, and for good reason. The dungeon’s well-trod stairs have seen few return from their journeys below.
Here, deep underground, dwarven mercenaries once bred their owlbears for war, sorcerers from the White Forest practiced their arts, and strange cults from other realms drew from mysterious nodes of power. Ancient treasures and secrets are still scattered everywhere. Malevolent creatures spin shadowy webs, enchant foul magics, and summon forth dark gods.
The Scarlet Citadel for 5th Edition is:
- A classic-style adventure, fully compatible for D&D 5E.
- Two gorgeous, full-color battle maps with grid squares perfect for VTT tokens.
- Unique overlay maps to be placed atop the battle maps to depict unique traps, hazards, and other interactions with the dungeon.
- Suited for newcomers to tabletop RPGs as well as long-time Game Masters.
- Optimized for evocative combats and magical mysteries, and brimming with plots and subplots to uncover.
- Full of original traps and new monsters.
The Roll20 version is further optimized to bring this setting to life. Enhancements include:
- A set of pre-generated Player Character options to enable fast play.
- Custom Game Master dashboard with tips and tricks for getting the most out of this adventure.
- A Getting Started Guide for Players to help smooth the onboarding to Roll20
- A Getting Started Guide for Game Masters to help you get rolling fast.
- Dynamic Lighting. Each map is enhanced with pre-built dynamic lighting and effects.
- New Magic items. New magic items bring to life this setting and reward players with unique treasure.
- New Monsters and NPCs. All creatures and NPCs included in encounters are included.
- Full color tokens. Custom tokens featuring beautiful art are provided for all creatures and NPCs detailed in encounters.
- Action Macros. All creatures and NPCs are further enhanced with action and trait macros.
Can only be used with Roll20; cannot be downloaded.
You might also like...
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)