Death on the Mountain!
Battle your way through a terrifying ancient fortress trying to rescue a bride-to-be from a dark power that has arisen on Black Mountain.
The Fortress of Shadow is a D&D 5E Compatible adventure for a party of adventurers levels 6-9. It can be run for 2-4 sessions, or even as a one-shot with some planning, and will take adventurers up 1-2 levels of advancement. Run the adventure with the digital, paperback, or hardbound versions, or even on Roll 20!!
The players will begin the adventure in the frontier mining town of Elcasir, where a wedding is about to take place, but there is a dark force brooding on Black Mountain which looms above the town, and something up there wants the bride for itself. This is the Vampire Lord Xeric, newly awakened yet already setting into motions his plans to conquer all the lands below.
- Part one begins in the town, and involves mystery and opportunities for intrigue. There is information to gather and friendships to establish before setting off on the next chapters. It could take an entire session to just get out of the Inn!
- Part Two takes the adventurers up the mountain to the stronghold of the vampire lord Xeric and into its yawning gates. The PC's will face foes here, but they will also uncover the full story behind the Fortress, and ways to defeat its lord.
- Part Three brings the adventurers deeper into the fortress to face its most powerful guardians, and eventually Xeric himself. Survival completely depends upon their success in solving the mysteries that have led them here.
What do you get in the Fortress of Shadow Module?
- Full description and background information on the town of Elcasir and environs.
- 3 easy to use plot hooks to get the adventure rolling
- Detailed description of the Stinking Goblin Inn with six patrons to gather rumors from, as well as a map of the Inn with dynamic lighting.
- Read Aloud text for almost every room or encounter.
- Detailed Dynamic Lighting Maps for the three levels of the fortress and a general map of the town of Elcasir.
- Five new creature variations with custom Token art.
- Professional Formatting in the RPG style that is familiar and easy to follow
Can only be used with Roll20; cannot be downloaded.
You might also like...
License: Roll20 End User License Agreement
(Personal Use Only, Do Not Distribute)